RAFFLE RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Marine Corps League New Hampshire Department (MCL NH) 50-50/50 Raffle is distributed by the Veterans Foundation of New Hampshire, Inc. (VFNH) and conducted by the Marine Corp League Seacoast Detachment #394, (MCL #394) a non-profit organization under the laws of the State of New Hampshire. By making a donation for raffle entry(s), you agree to be bound by these rules.
1. All tickets must be purchased in New Hampshire. The minimum donation for one raffle entry draw is $5.00. All proceeds are subject to transaction fees and licensing distribution fees. An indefinite amount of raffle entries will be sold, one person per entry with unlimited entries available per person. Entries shall be sold only to persons 16 years of age or over. Entrant is entered into the monthly drawing for that calendar month and the grand prize jackpot drawing on November 10th, 2020.
2. Entries can be purchased from designated MCL NH sites, from an MCL NH Member, an MCL NH Officer or a MCL NH Volunteer for a minimum donation. Entries may be purchased with cash, check or debit card. If a Donor’s payment is returned unpaid by the Donor’s bank, the entry(s) will be invalid. Entrant will also be subject to all associated bank fees. All donations are final and non-refundable. Merchant services are provided through Stripe.com. Please visit their Website for more information.
3. Donors must provide a valid email or cell phone number to enter the raffle. Donors shall receive proof of donation and raffle entry(s) via email. No personal financial data will be retained on our Website.
4. All entries will be entered into the raffle drawing and shall be retained by MCL #394 for at least 180 days following the completion of the raffle.
5. The winners of the raffle shall be determined by a random drawing which may be recorded and published live at the date and time designated by the MCL NH. The prize shall be equal to 50% of the net raffle proceeds and the other 50% of the net proceeds will be donated to the Marine Corps League New Hampshire Department and its detachments. One entrant will be drawn monthly and shall receive the monthly 50/50. The other half of the total prize rolls over into the grand prize jackpot drawing to be held at 9 p.m. on November 10th, 2020, the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Birthday.
6. The winners of raffle drawings shall be notified by the phone or email provided upon entry. All prizes shall be paid by check or money order from the MCL #394 to the winning Entrant and shall be post-mailed to the address provided upon verification or provided in person at a location designated by the MCL NH.
7. Winner agrees to comply with all state & IRS regulations regarding raffle winnings. Winner agrees to furnish MCL #394 with social security number, verification of identity, and sign all required IRS documents by responding to electronic, telephonic or written notice from MCL #394 before claiming the prize. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days after the drawing, the prize will be forfeited and all proceeds shall be retained by the MCL #394.
8. Winner will assume and be responsible for all applicable sales, use, luxury, income, and special taxes associated with winning a raffle. MCL #394 specifically disclaims all expressed or implied warranties, including without limitations warranties of merchantability. MCL #394 and its third-party contractors, sponsors, members or volunteers are not responsible for any losses or injuries suffered as a result of the prize.
9. MCL #394 shall, will and can have no obligation for payment or delivery of any prize to any person who violates any part of the Raffle Rules, Terms of Service or any person other than the Entrant.
10. Any drawing may be postponed due to weather or any state of emergency declared by local governing officials, the Governor of New Hampshire, or the President of the United States. In such event, a new date, place and time for the drawing will be determined by MCL #394, which will be announced on MCL #394’s website at www.seacoastmarines.org and at www.VFNH.org.
11. Donors participating in the raffle, release MCL NH, VFNH and MCL #394, its directors, officers, members and agents from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of any raffle prize, donation, ticket sale, or raffle operation, expressly waive any such claim and agree that the liability, if any, of the MCL #394, its directors, officers, members and agents shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. MCL NH and MCL #394 make no express or implied warranty as to the Raffle prize.
12. This raffle shall be governed by the laws of NH RSA 287-A. All Parties and participants shall strive to settle any dispute arising from the interpretation or performance, or in connection with this raffle through mutual agreement and negotiation. In case no settlement can be reached through consultation, disputes, claims and controversies concerning this raffle may be submitted to a competent court or jurisdiction in the State of New Hampshire.
13. Raffle is void where prohibited. This raffle is registered in the jurisdiction required with permit filed by MCL #394.
14. Entrants consent to the Terms & Conditions and allow MCL NH to publish their first name and photographs on MCL websites, print publications, social media pages and other Websites.
15. For additional questions, please contact MCL #394 at www.seacoastmarines.org or our distributor VFNH at www.VFNH.org
16. Every Entrant is appreciated and your local Marines of New Hampshire humbly thanks all for honoring over 70 YEARS OF SERVICE!
Supporting Generations of Support to the NH Community
Honor Guard | Scholarship | Community Support | Military Outreach
Terms and Conditions for Community Raffles Distributed by the Veterans Foundation of NH, Inc.
By purchasing a raffle ticket (“Ticket” or “Raffle Ticket”), entrants (“Entrants”) in the Marine Corps League New Hampshire Department (MCL NH) Community Raffle (“Raffle”) conducted by Marine Corps League Seacoast Detachment #394 to benefit the MCL NH, a New Hampshire nonprofit organization, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all individuals (“Eligible Individuals”) sixteen (16) years old and older with the exception of employees and relatives of employees of the Veterans Foundation of New Hampshire or its affiliates. For the purposes hereof, the term “relative” means spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling.
2. Purchasing Tickets. In order to enter the Raffle, each entrant must submit his or her first name, last name, email address, home address, and payment information for the minimum donation price of $5.00. Every entrant will receive entry into the monthly drawing relative to the donation month and shall be entered into the raffle.
3. Drawing. The winners of the raffle shall be determined by random draw which may be recorded and published live at the date and time designated by the MCL NH. All entrants shall be notified via mail or email immediately after the drawings. The Raffle drawings are scheduled to take place as follows:
All times are approximately 9pm EST unless otherwise stated.
|April 5050||April 16 @1 am||April 26||April 26|
|May 5050||April 26||May 24||May 24|
|June 5050||May 24||June 28||June 28|
|July 5050||June 28||July 26||July 26|
|August 5050||July 26||August 30||August 30|
|September 5050||August 30||September 27||September 27|
|October 5050||September 27||October 25||October 25|
|Grand Prize||April 16 @ 1 am||November 10||November 10|
4. Prize. The prize shall be equal to 50% of the net raffle proceeds and the other 50% of the net proceeds will be donated to the Marine Corps League New Hampshire Department and its detachments. One “early bird” entrant will be drawn monthly and shall receive half of the total prize to-date. The other half of the total prize rolls over into the grand prize jackpot drawing to be held at 9 p.m. on November 10th, 2020, the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Birthday.
5. Odds. The odds of a specific entry being the winning entry depend on the total number of entries purchased.
6. Raffle Process. The raffle is recorded to an immutable database where winning draws are determined by a RNG (Random Numeric Generator) with all entrants notified of results promptly after the drawing to ensure provably fair gaming and inherent regulatory oversight.
7. Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the Tickets does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution for personal income tax purposes.
8. Taxes, Etc. The winning entrant specifically acknowledges that he or she will be responsible for the payment of any and all taxes, fees, costs, charges or expenses as may be required by law.
9. Transfer of Tickets or Prize. Entrants may give away (but not sell) their Raffle Tickets.
10. Release of Liability. Each entrant agrees to release, discharge and holds harmless Veterans Foundation of NH, Inc, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any losses, claims, injuries or other damages incurred, suffered or sustained in connection with the Community Raffle or the acceptance or use of the Raffle or the Prize.
11. Publicity Release. The winning entrant grants to Veterans Foundation of NH, Inc. permission, except where legally prohibited, to use name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice or other likeness for promotional purposes without compensation and without notice to, or review or approval by, the entrant, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity.
12. Modifications. Veterans Foundation of NH, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Raffle or to change these terms and conditions, at any time without prior notice.
13. Remedies. In addition to any other legal or equitable rights and remedies provided by law, violation of these terms and conditions may result in exclusion from the Raffle or ineligibility to win a Prize.
14. Governing Law. These terms and conditions and any matters relating to Raffle will be governed by and construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of New Hampshire, without reference to the principles of conflicts of law, and jurisdiction over any and all disputes will be exclusive to the state and federal courts in Concord, New Hampshire.