Spc. Ryan J. McDermot 26, of Hampton, died suddenly Saturday, December 21, 2013 at Fort Hood, TX. He was born in Portsmouth, February 5, 1987 a son of Jeffrey and Donna (Carpenter) McDermot of Hampton. Ryan was raised in Hampton where he graduated from Winnacunnet High School with the Class of 2005. He enlisted in the United States Army in 2010, where he proudly served honorably for the next 3 and half years in Charlie Company 2nd Battalion 227th Aviation Regiment, Fort Hood, TX. During this time he bravely served one tour in Afghanistan. Ryan was an avid Patriot and Red sox fan who enjoyed snowboarding and the outdoors. He was also an accomplished scuba diver, who was very proud to serve our County in the United States Army. Most of all Ryan loved spending time with his family and friends, where he always had this uncanny way with words and one liners that would leave you in tears from laughing. Ryan’s passion for life and to be the best solider he could be was what he strived for.

Jonathan W. Currier, (CPL USMC) 21, of Hampton, died Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018. He was born June 18, 1997 in Exeter a son of Christopher and Kathleen (Ray) Currier of Hampton. Family and friends remember Jon as a kind friend and committed serviceman. He was a Winnacunnet High School Marine Corps JROTC cadet, Hampton Boy Scout Troop 380 Eagle Scout and altar server at Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish in Hampton. He graduated from Winnacunnet High School with the Class of 2015. He loved sports growing up, playing Hampton Youth Association soccer, baseball, basketball and flag football. He was a member of the Winnacunnet High School swim team. He had a passion for building Legos, which continued as an adult. Jon was a crew chief on a CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter. He loved working and flying on helicopters. He joined the Marines three years ago to see the world. Jon was a member of Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 166 (Reinforced), 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California. At the time of his death he was deployed on the USS Essex, off the coast of the Philippines